BNP Media Troy, MI
Web Design Manager 2007-present
- Created compelling marketing content for premium advertisers in the form of dynamic, interactive product spotlights.
- Designed core UI for all media brands and events apps, including color palettes, typography and icons.
- Elevated the look and feel of all company websites better showcasing its wide variety of ever evolving integrated media.
- Collaborated with content management team to create stronger graphic material for new responsive websites and give them a more competitive edge above the competition.
- Fortified brands by bringing design consistency to websites and their associated promotional materials.
Web Production Manager 2006-2007
- Improved web optimization and lead generation through website redesigns for new integrated media sales support efforts which increased website traffic by 75% over 12 months.
- Lead role in redesign of over 100 company websites for migration to new CMS.
- Assembled and trained new content entry department.
Web Designer 1999-2006
- Provided fresh design direction for outdated websites, Internet projects, applications and online advertising.
- Integral part of website migration of content and graphics for new CMS.
Art Director/Web Designer 1998-1999
- Sole creative director responsible for Adhesives & Sealants Industry magazine and all associated promotional and marketing materials.
- Fully redesigned magazine brand, including complete print publication layout.
- Migrated all print content to web format in the earliest days of company’s online presence.
People for Palmer Park Detroit, MI
Non-Profit Organization 501(c)(3)
Board of Directors 2015-2017
- Greatly improved marketing protocol between Board members and Marketing Committee.
- Strengthened idea of Palmer Park as a “regional destination” by being active member of Ferndale community and first Ferndale Board Member.
- Contributed many fundraising prospects to organization.
- Active member at most organization-led events/programs/fundraisers.
- Increased audience by redesigning organization’s website in a responsive format and streamlining its layout.
- Helped Board of Directors better execute their goals online as lead designer and project manager for all website updates.
Marketing & Communications Committee 2012-present (Chair 2016-present)
- Designed People for Palmer Park brand to uphold the integrity and spirit of the organization .
- As lead designer for all Marketing materials, merchandise sales for the organization have increased by over $3500 for 2016.
- Grew Marketing Committee team to include three public relations professionals in first 4 months as Chair.
Social Media Curator 2013-present
- As sole Twitter curator, increased Twitter followers by 900+ in 3 years.
Alternative Media, Inc. Detroit, MI
(Publishers of the Metro Times and Orlando Weekly alternative news weeklies)
Special Projects Artist 1997-1998
- Design of spec ads, special print supplements brought in new regular advertisers (i.e. Eastern Market, Ticketmaster).
- Building weekly issue "mock up" increased profitable ad base to 70% and higher.
Art Director 1995-1997
- By working closely with sales, brought in more 12x/yr advertisers.
- Improved ad designs for increased 4/C printing.
Design Director 1994-1995
- Fulfilled new publisher’s goal of attracting a younger and wider market as lead creative role in full redesign of the publication.
- Engaged new readership by hiring and managing exciting staff of illustrators and photographers to further update the publication’s new image.
Senior Production Artist 1991-1994
- Design and layout of print ads and weekly pre-press production of Metro Times increased issue size to over 100 pages for first time in its history.
Center for Creative Studies Detroit, MI
BFA in Graphic Communication/Design 1989
Studies concentration on Editorial, Promotional, Typographic and Packaging Design, Corporate Identity and Environmental Design
Management, Project Management, Graphic Design, Web Design, Illustration, Typography, Website Usability, Advertising Design, User Interface Design, Mobile Application Design, Responsive Web Design, Email Marketing, Interactive Content Marketing, Corporate Identity
[ Mac and PC Platforms ]
Latest Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver), HTML, CSS, Ceros Software, Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, Basecamp Project Management, JIRA Atlassian Project Management, PowerPoint, Weebly